Sunday 28 April 2013

Just before bedtime

Haven't had a crochet hook in my hand all day. I did get a lot of ideas from Pinterest. So late at night I thought: damn... all day looking at pictures I could make but have not made a thing today. So around 11pm I decided to start a small project that I had on my to do list for a while: a crocheted leaf. It looked simple and and quick. But because I was getting more tired by the minute, I had problems keeping track of rows and stitches. So a simple and quick project eventually took almost 3 hours to finish.
The finished leaf has some small errors, but I think it is not noticeable, in fact, they add a nice curve to the leaf. The curve is more noticeable when it is hanging.
I have adjusted a few stitches at the instertion of the stem: I joined the two sides of the leaf over the stem, creating more 3D effect.
I am quite happy with the result. If I would block it it would become flat, so I'll leave it as it is.

I used a 2mm hook and cotton thread Durable Glanskatoen ecru nr12.




No comments:

Post a Comment